Hurley Primary School is a popular small village primary school set in beautiful surroundings.
We are looking to recruit a reliable, friendly, conscientious, and hardworking caretaker to join our dedicated team to look after and care for our school.
Contract to commence June 2022 (a suitable starting date will be confirmed with the successful candidate.)
This position is a permanent contract subject to the satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
Salary £19264 per annum pro rata. Actual salary £11714 per annum.
Monday – Friday
4.5 hours per day, a split shift, 2 hours in the morning (starting time to be agreed) and 15.30 -18:00
(22.5 hours per week.)
52 weeks – Please be aware this is not a term-time only position.
Holidays: 20 days (increasing with service) plus bank holidays
We would be keen to hear about your experience and what you can offer our school.
Candidates would ideally have experience in working in a similar role, but school experience is not essential.
Successful candidates would be expected to undertake relevant training.
Key Requirements - Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Carrying out security procedures for the school buildings and grounds
• Routine and non-routine opening and closing, and security of premises and grounds Take action to prevent trespass on the premises
• Ensure unauthorised parking of vehicles does not occur
• Act as a nominated keyholder and respond appropriately to alarm company, police call-outs and other emergencies outside normal working hours.
• Ensure the premises and furnishings are cleaned in accordance with the school’s/authority’s standards, including supervising, organising and appraising the work of cleaning staff
• Carry out regular cleaning inspection and maintaining log sheet Ensure
• floors are stripped and retreated at appropriate intervals
• Order cleaning materials and equipment Maintain time book, fill in claims forms etc
• Ensure that site is maintained and fit for purpose Carry out minor maintenance work and repairs.
• Responsible for basic tools and equipment and report items, repairs, maintenance work that is required and is beyond the competence of the school site staff.
• Check for and report damage as appropriate
• Direct contractors to sites of repair and maintenance work Inspect work of contractors where satisfaction note required
• Operate heating plant to maintain certain temperatures and ensure adequate supply of hot water available
• Carry out frost precaution procedures
• Carry out procedures in event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage Provide emergency access in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations
• Ensure playing areas and paths are free from litter
• Ensure drains and gullies are inspected to ensure free flowing and clean, dealing with blockages as necessary
• Ensure that caretaking and cleaning equipment is in a safe and working condition Undertake occasional painting (of doors/small areas etc)
• Receive delivery of stock, materials etc, ensuring appropriate storage.
• Ensure adequate supply of relevant materials are available, placing orders as necessary
• Prepare for after-school activities and ensure accommodation is prepared for normal school use
• Undertake school lettings in accordance with the lettings procedures
• Move equipment and resources as required
• Check fire alarm systems
• Assist Headteacher (or nominated representative) in undertaking risk assessments
QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING AND LIKELY ABILITIES
• Be aware of and understand the Authority’s regulation, e.g. H&SAW and COSHH guidelines Literacy skills to complete forms and orders, write instructions, understand and follow H & S and COSHH instructions
• Numeracy skills to check goods, carry out stock control and undertake calculations Able to carry out procedures, routines and follow instructions
• Able to operate cleaning equipment, machinery and tools and undertake basic maintenance Have minor maintenance skills (eg plumbing, electrical, glazing, woodwork) to make safe.
• Understand basic administrative systems (lettings, time book, extra hours, maintenance hotline, ordering)
• Understand and be familiar with the layout and organisation of the school and its site.
• Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people Value and respect the views and needs of children
• Able to supervise and train premises staff, as appropriate
To be considered you will have the below:
• The ability to work positively with our school team.
• Have previous experience in a role with responsibility.
• Confidence in handy work and general property maintenance.
• Ability to use initiative and be proactive.
Hurley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
HOW TO APPLY
Visits to the school before you apply are encouraged
To arrange a visit or for further information please contact the school office
Phone 01827 872207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made on the standard Warwickshire application form
The Application form is attached below, or a form can be collected from the school office
Applications can be submitted by email, post or handed in to the school office
If emailed, please email to email@example.com
The Deadline for applications is Tuesday 17th May 2022 at Midday
Firstly, thank you for your interest in Hurley Primary School. We hope to interview during the week beginning 23rd May, however this may change depending on circumstances. After shortlisting we will confirm a specific interview date and time to the candidates who are to be invited to interview. Unfortunately, we will not have time to contact candidates who are unsuccessful following shortlisting. Therefore, if you are not invited to an interview by Friday 27th please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
HURLEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Heanley Road, Hurley, Warwickshire CV9 2HY
Tel: 01827 872207
Head Teacher: Mr Glyn Morgans