Herefordshire Council is looking to recruit an experienced Asset Manager to join a professional and passionate team. We have an exciting journey ahead to reinvigorate property asset management across the Council. Join us for a wide ranging and interesting role that has excellent career prospects.
The role will be responsible for:
• Providing advice on asset management and solutions to ensure efficient and effective use is made of the Authorities assets, through challenge and monitoring the use of them.
• Leading the accommodation and strategic planning of council sites by developing and implementing asset management planning techniques and activities.
• Supporting Property Services to effectively manage the delivery of premises and asset management in line with the council’s aims and objectives, ensuring the right buildings, right facilities in the right locations.
• Developing, implementing and sustaining the authority’s strategic asset management objectives and framework.
• Maintaining and ensuring accurate data on the Authority’s asset stock.
• Conducting property reviews and surveys for the Council in order to develop and monitor schemes and policies to support asset management planning and the Council’s requirement under The Equality Act 2010, to ensure all buildings are fit for purpose and performing as intended to meet or exceed Council’s targets.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com