Teacher (Complex Autism) - (Abbey Hill School & College)
Teacher (Complex Autism)
Salary: £25,714 - £41,604 (Actual £19977- £32322)
plus SEN Allowance Depending on experience and qualifications
£2270 - £4479 (Actual £1763 - £3479)
25.25 hours per week - Tuesday- Friday 8.45-3.30
Abbey Hill School & College is a successful and over-subscribed special school meeting the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Our governors are seeking to employ a qualified teacher to work with an AS class of 6 primary aged pupils. This is a permanent post, starting September 2022
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience as a classroom practitioner
- Autism experience
- Experience of teaching a variety of subjects
- Effective approach to behaviour management
- Applied knowledge and understanding of SEND
- Ability to teach pupils with ASD, utilising autism-specific approaches to ensure successful outcomes would be desirable
The successful candidate will
- Have high professional standards and expectations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Have the emotional resilience in working with pupils with challenging behaviours.
The role will involve managing and working within a team of experienced and positive Teaching Assistants.
In return we can offer you a comprehensive induction, continuing CPD and an opportunity to work alongside our committed and supportive staff.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details about the vacancy by phone 01782 882882 or by email email@example.com
More information on the school can be found on our website: