Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Hours: 8.30am – 3.30pm
Pay: TA4 (Scale 6 Points 19 – 22)
Contract Type: Full time/Term time
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 16th May 2022 at 9am
Start date: As soon as possible: we will wait for the right person
Age range 4 – 9 years
Headteacher – Mrs L Parkes
Dodford First School was established in 1877, nestled in the heart of a rural village approximately 3 miles from Bromsgrove town: we have 72 children on roll. Children are taught in mixed-age classes with the exception of Reception class. The school sits alongside farmland, bordered by established trees. Outdoor learning is of great importance to us with carefully crafted spaces maximising the benefits of learning outside.
The Governors and Senior Leadership Team are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly ambitious Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our small school. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, experienced, enthusiastic and committed HLTA who will be able to work as part of a team in a flexible role. They will flourish working under their own initiative, showing patience, understanding and advocating a real sense of team. The successful candidate must have knowledge of the National Curriculum and the appropriate qualifications and experience of working in EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
We are seeking someone who:
- Holds Level 4 HLTA qualification or equivalent
- Has recent experience of working within a school setting (ideally with knowledge of mixed-age teaching).
- Is confident in their knowledge of the National Curriculum and EYFS.
- Has an understanding of how children learn, including speech and language development, early reading and writing skills, phonics and emotional/social development.
- Demonstrates a good level of English and Maths, with GCSE qualification graded A-C, or equivalent.
- Has the ability to confidently follow planning and adapt where necessary to support children’s individual needs.
- Has experience in delivering intervention programmes for groups and individuals.
- Is a team player, committed to their own professional development.
- Has working knowledge of safeguarding practices.
We are able to offer:
- A small school with a warm and friendly ethos of support, prioritising wellbeing
- Wonderful children who love to learn
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team and Governing Body
- A strong leadership team who understands how to move the school forward
- Supportive parents and carers
- A plethora of outdoor spaces which are highly regarded by all.
The successful candidate will support the school by:
- Advance learning when working with whole classes without the presence of the assigned teacher
- Working with individuals or small groups of children.
- Supporting teachers to ensure specific children are making progress.
- Engaging children in learning opportunities.
- Managing behaviour effectively.
- Having high standards and expectations of all children.
Dodford First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed on Thursday 12th May at either 9.15am or 4.00pm. Please make sure you book your tour in advance via our office team. Further information and application forms may be requested by emailing email@example.com or by visiting our school website www.dodford.worcs.sch.uk
Interviews will take place w/c 16th May 2022.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for this role.