Year 1 Class Teacher (Maternity Cover) - George Fentham School
£25717.00 - £36961.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
19.5 Hours per Week
Year 1 Class Teacher (Maternity Cover) 0.6 FTE
The Governing Body of George Fentham Endowed School wish to appoint a class teacher to cover a maternity leave in our Year 1 Class. This contract will start on 1st September 2022 and cover the maternity period up to one year.
George Fentham is an ‘Outstanding’, oversubscribed, one form entry school with a strong Christian ethos and a great sense of community. We offer an enriching learning environment in a beautiful rural setting. We are a school where every individual child is of the utmost importance. Our children love the school and are fully engaged in their learning. We have an excellent team of staff, governors and parents.
We are looking for somebody who:
• Will support and promote the Christian ethos and values of the school.
• Has high standards and expectations in every aspect of school life.
• Is committed to working as part of our staff team.
• Is an inclusive practitioner who firmly believes that all pupils can succeed.
• Is able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with colleagues and parents/carers.
• Is passionate about education and the difference it makes to children’s lives and who puts the safety and wellbeing of children at the heart of all they do.
• Has an ambitious drive and high expectations of achievement for all pupils.
In return, we can offer:
• An inclusive school with amazing, diverse, well-motivated pupils who have a thirst for knowledge and learning and a respect for their peers and adults alike.
• A caring and supportive environment inspired by our strong Christian ethos.
• A welcoming, friendly, hard-working, highly cohesive staff team who are dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Ruth Justice on 01675 442800.
The application closing date 9:00am on Monday 23 May 2022.
Please return your completed application to:
Proposed Interview date: Thursday 26th May 2022.
If you have any questions please contact the school office.
George Fentham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of all necessary pre-employment checks.
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.