Penn Fields School - Finance & Administration Assistant
The Headteacher and Governors wish to appoint, an enthusiastic and dedicated Finance Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing central services team, have an impact and to be part of the exciting developments the school are making. You will need to be reliable, committed and have experience. You should also be caring, trustworthy and an excellent role model for our students with clear motivation to work in a school that seeks to be the best that it can be, amongst staff, students, parents and governors who are all dedicated to learning and continual improvement.
- Support in the general finance and administration of the school
- Carry out the duties set out by the School Business Manager in the job role required
- To assist in the administration of the financial operations of a non-cheque book school
- Support the School Business Manager in delivering the monthly financial timetable
- Help support the budget holders through regular financial reporting
- To undertake authorised inputting on the schools SIMS FMS6 system
- To work in collaboration and partnership with children, parents, carers, governors, staff and the Local Authority
- To promote the safeguarding and welfare of children within the school.
- Authorised to place orders for all supplies and services once approved by the budget holders
- Authorised to record deliveries of goods and services on the SIMS system and progressing any missing items or related issues
- Authorised person responsible for processing invoices and seeking approval from the budget holders and School Business Manager before passing to the local Authority for payment.
- Authorised person responsible for monitoring and reporting on payments from Pay360
- Working to the financial timetable provided by the School Business Manager
- Collecting and recording money from students, staff and parents, issuing receipts and following the guidelines approved by the School Business Manager
- Under the supervision of the School Business Manager recording the income on the official systems and ensuring the security service employed to take the funds to the bank has the correct recorded amounts
- To ensure that all Financial Regulations and Audit requirements are met at all times including ensuring orders and invoices are processed against the correct cost centres with the correct VAT codes / amounts.
- Updating the appropriate spreadsheets provided by the School Business Manager in the shared area, ensuring the correct and accurate information is recorded at all times
- Adding students names and payment details to the school ‘TRIPS’ spreadsheet, ensuring the funds collected daily are correct & match the FMS6 system. Carrying out all the related Administrative work around the running of school trips as requested by each trip organiser
- Ensure all the necessary paperwork is filed as required by Audit and to ensure an audit trail exists for all aspects of work.
- Work within the parameters of the schools financial regulation procedures.
- Liaise with the Local Authority finance sections as required to resolve outstanding payment issues or missing payments to suppliers or contractors
- As directed by the School Business Manager ensures all implemented systems are working and budget holders and other staff understand their obligations.
- Processing the schools reimbursement claims as instructed by the School Business Manager and the schools systems
- Raising the ‘external invoices’ as guided by the School Business Manager and the up keep of an appropriate system and records
- Update the School Business Manager’s spreadsheet for any school fund collected during the year. Write out any cheques required as requested by the School Business Manager and issue once authorisation has been sought
- In accordance with the Financial Timetable, collect the appropriate reports as requested and ready for processing by the School Business Manager i.e. printing, resources etc.
- In accordance with the financial timetable issue set reports to the budget holders
- In accordance with the financial timetable ensure that the main reception area is manned at morning break, lunch time and after school
- To be an effective team player.
- Collate consent forms for school trips, liaising with trip organisers and provide the administrative support required to ensure the trip goes smoothly
- Ensure all funds received are locked in the school safe
- Filing and upkeep of all the orders, goods receipts and invoices received, must follow all the guidelines given by the School Business Manager at all times
- Supporting the daily activities of the ‘student services’ team, where possible, including dealing with student illness, contacting parents and when required cover for main reception
- Be a qualified first aider or train as one and continue to maintain the training to carry out the role
- To follow all agreed school policies and procedures, to support the School Business Manager with any administrative work as required appropriate to the level of grade.
- Responsible for reminding all staff about deadlines within the financial timetable
- To undertake appropriate professional development including adhering to the principle of performance management
- To adhere to the ethos of the school
- To promote the agreed vision and aims of the school
- To set an example of personal integrity and professionalism
- Attendance at appropriate staff meetings and parents’ evenings
- Responsible for ensuring all items timetabled against this role are met or adequate notice is given to School Business Manager if unable to complete tasks
- Day to responsibility for collecting and recording income in the school and ensuring it balances and is locked away securely in the school safe under the supervision of the School Business Manager
- Organise and manage own work with little or no input from others but working within the given guidelines, parameters and systems
- Support the School Business Manager in preparing reports and information for Budget Holders, Staff, Head Teacher, SLT and governing body as and when required
- Support systems designed by the School Business Manager when required and ensure the information is passed on to others, including monitoring the systems for functionality
- Have regular meetings with the School Business Manager and to take action in relation to items discussed at the meeting: ensure appropriate feed back
- Manage the filing system for all financial records in accordance with the retention of records policy and data protection guidelines
- Supporting in the preparation of spreadsheets for the School Business Manager on occasions
- Carry out any other activities as directed by the School Business Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Finance Team and the school business
- Supporting the School Business Manager with all finance administration in all aspects of the year end close down and the startups
- Any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school.
- Individuals have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with.
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out with due regard to Health and Safety.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with other teachers and staff.
- Show loyalty to the school and adopt a professional attitude.
- To achieve any performance criteria or targets relating to the post arising from the School’s appraisal arrangements.
- Holding yourself to account for your professional conduct and practice.
- Following all systems & process’ within the school
If you would like to visit the school, please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01902 558 640
How to apply:
Download an application form from the school website www.pennfields.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th May 2022 at 12:00 noon
Interviews W/C Monday 6th June 2022