Salary: £48,682- £52,721 per annum
Contract type: 37 Hours per week | Full time
Permanent - we’re happy to talk flexible working
About the role
We are looking for an experienced social care professional who has a thorough understanding of adult social care and commissioning to take forward key projects within the County. The post is based within the Older People and Physical Disability Commissioning Team, working as part of a team of four Commissioning Managers.
This post will lead on complex needs, with a particular focus on younger adults with physical and sensory disability, and personalisation/direct payments.
What you’ll bring
The ideal candidate will be able to analyse data and determine priorities based on evidence and develop and produce documents written to a high standard.
Have an understanding of the legislative requirements for adult social care, as well as practice implications, and through promoting strength-based approaches to adult social care support personalisation and achieve greater independence.
They will be expert communicators and able to develop and sustain working relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Have a commitment to engagement and coproduction and experience of involving people who use services and their families/carers in the planning and development of services and policies.
We are looking for people who can work at a strategic level but also have a sound understanding of adult social care operations and legislation. A social work qualification and/or operations experience would be preferred.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Vivup benefits platform – gives you access to lots of retail, lifestyle savings and offers all in a handy app on your phone
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
How do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button below. If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 5th June 2022
For more information about the role please contact: Helen Trousdale 01785 277008
How will we store your details By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Our recruitment process
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.