Apprenticeship - Assistant Cook
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist in the preparation, cooking & serving of nutritional meals for up to 80 service users
- To assist with the care, maintenance & cleaning of all kitchen equipment, throughout the kitchen & Care Centre
- Assist with the ordering of supplies; maintaining kitchen records of stock levels, inventories & fridge temperatures
- Ensure food hygiene standards are being met at all times
- To undertake, hold & maintain a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Additional Job Description will be supplied
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4 or above) Essential
Other Literacy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Other Numeracy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
You will also be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
To apply for this vacancy, please click the link below:
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Information for applicants