Part-Time Customer Experience Centre Senior Customer Adviser - Ref: CH01722
Customer Experience Centre Senior Customer Adviser - Ref: CH01722
- £27,514 - £31,895 per annum (pro rata to hours worked)
- Hours: 18.5 hours per week
- Term: Permanent
Are you a confident communicator? Good with words and a keen eye for detail? Are you bursting with ideas in supplying solutions our customers? If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Customer Adviser Building Control Specialist to join our team, at the Customer Experience Centre (CXC). As a Senior Customer Adviser with specialist knowledge and experience in Building Control, you will play a vital role to provide a professional service to our customers.
The Customer Experience Centre is the first point of contact to a wide range of Council services. Traditionally most of our enquiries are received by telephone, or through face to face appointments, but our customers are gradually being supported to move towards a range of new digital communication channels which makes it an exciting time to join the team. You must have excellent verbal, written and IT skills. You must have customer care and call handling experience, the ability to consult with other members of staff where complex issues require help and the ability to work flexibly, and effectively, as part of a team. .
You will be involved in a wide range of essential business activities, providing the highest level of customer service to residents and vulnerable people. In return, you will receive comprehensive training and development, flexible and home working opportunities and a rewarding career, that allows you to make a real difference to our community.
The successful candidate will
- Provide support for Team leaders day to day with organisation of the Customer Experience Centre, including work rotas.
- Deputise for the CXC Team Leader Building Control when needed, you will be helping with ensuring that we supply our residents and customers in ensuring CXC acts as our first line of support.
- Have knowledge and experience in Building Control
- Supply resolutions to customers where possible using tact, diplomacy, and empathy to diffuse potentially tense confrontations in a positive and calm manner.
- Continue to develop their knowledge, be involved in a wide range of essential business activities for the service, including helping the Operational Management across the organisation.
- Have an awareness of, and commitment to, equality of opportunity
- Have awareness of, and commitment to, confidentiality and handling data
For an informal discussion email Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2022
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.