Key responsibilities are:
- Supervise and instruct students in line with teachers’ guidance, to help maintain curriculum requirements.
- Assist in preparing as well as clearing the learning environment and materials used to maximise the available time for teaching to meet student progress standards.
- Manage student behaviour in accordance with policies to maintain a constructive working environment, including the supervision of student entry and exit from classrooms.
- Respond and assist students with set work to continue towards achievement targets, and ensuring all work is returned to the relevant person.
- Record and report lesson attendance to ensure the accurate analysis of attendance data by the relevant people.
- Support pastoral and learning issues associated with individual students in order to maximise their potential, making referrals as necessary in line with Academy procedures.
- Provide various administrative support to departments, including preparation of display work, maintenance of inventories, ordering, record keeping and collection of monies, invigilating, allowing the Teachers to focus on student learning.
- Actively promote & comply with the academy policies & procedures, in particular relating to child protection and health & safety, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- To undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post.
- Deals with a range of subjects and activities.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent Previous experience of working with young people, ideally within an educational environment, demonstrating respect for young people and their needs. Excellent literacy and numeracy skills Competent in the use of IT hardware and software Ability to work on own initiative Demonstrable organisational and administrative skills Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly and effectively to changing requirements. Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to its overall success Ability to deal with a wide range of student behaviours, demonstrating a patient, caring and sympathetic approach. Excellent verbal and written communication with staff and students
The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required.
The jobholder will be expected to carry out such professional tasks as are commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the post. The job description will be reviewed regularly to ensure that it relates to the role being performed and to incorporate reasonable changes that have occurred over time or are being proposed. This review will be carried out in consultation with the post-holder before any changes are implemented.