Assistant SENDCo - John Taylor High School
John Taylor High School
Permanent, 37 hours per week
working Monday to Friday, 8-4
(3.30 finish on a Friday)
Term Time only + 6 insets
Grade 7 scp 15-22
Actual Salary - £20,708 - £23,787
Start date by negotiation
JTHS is a mixed 11-18 comprehensive with approximately 1600
students on roll including approximately 380 Post 16
John Taylor High School has a vision of one community, striving for personal excellence, based on four key values of respect, perseverance, kindness and integrity.
As a successful Teaching School and newly designated Hub (September 2021), SCITT and Research School, John Taylor High School prides itself on being able to offer a wealth of developmental and leadership opportunities for staff. If you have a passion for excellence and share our vision, we can offer you the opportunity to be part of a successful and progressive Trust, which is committed to ensuring learning is at the heart of all we do.
As a partner academy in JTMAT, we are seeking to appoint an Assistant SENDCo with a proven track record within a SEND department.
The successful candidate will have:
• A passion for working with students with SEND.
• Experience of implementing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
• An understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and current SEND legislation.
• An understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with staff, parents and other stakeholders.
• A proven track record in effective support of students with SEND, both in and out of the classroom.
• An ability to assess students and use this to plan and deliver support and intervention
We welcome and encourage all applicants to visit our school before submitting their application and to review our recruitment pack on the school website. To book a place on a visit, or to arrange a telephone conversation to discuss the role further, please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Whiting (email@example.com).
Applications must be made by 9am on Monday 23rd May
Completed application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure and barring service check is a requirement of this post. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy is available to view on our website