Yr 6 Class Teacher, St Matthews CE Primary
Required for September 2022 (subject to satisfactory clearance checks)
Year 6 teacher (ECTs are welcome to apply)
St Matthew’s is a popular and growing primary school, which is housed over two sites. Due to our ongoing expansion, we are seeking to appoint a Year 6 class teacher to join our good school and existing Year 6 team. In September we will have our last cohort of 30 children in Year 6 but we are keen to overstaff the year group and to use the time to train and support the right applicant. We would welcome applications from both early career teachers and those that are more experienced.
The successful candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching and learning and ensuring that every child reaches their potential;
- be an excellent classroom practitioner or for ECTs, have the desire to become one;
- be able to communicate effectively with pupils, parents, carers and colleagues.
- bring new qualities and strengths to our school to move it on to the next stage in our development;
- support the distinctive Christian ethos of our school.
We can offer:
- wonderful children who love learning;
- a team of staff that help one another
- a multi-faith community of supportive governors and parents;
- opportunities for continued professional development;
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and expected.
The Governors and staff of St. Matthew’s Church of England Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) clearance is required for this role
Please return application forms to the school either by email or post.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post also requires a Children's Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Application forms and further details are available by emailing:
email@example.com or you can download an application form below.
Application forms are to be returned to Fiona Deakin - Head Teacher at St Matthews.
Please ensure application forms are signed when sending via email
If you are successful in being shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date
Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox in case any correspondence has been delivered there
HOURS: Full Time
GRADE: Teachers Main Pay to Upper Pay Scale - £25,714 - £41, 604 p.a.
LOCATION: St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School, Windmill Lane, Smethwick,
West Midlands. B66 3LX
CLOSING DATE: Friday 20th May 2022
INTERVIEWS: Tuesday 24th May 2022