32 hours per week
TA 2 5-6
1 Year, last day of term 25th July 2023
This largely classroom based role is intended to support the holistic learning and wellbeing of our pupils under the supervision of teaching staff and senior leaders. The role also involves the supervision of children at play during break time and lunch and therefore requires someone who can actively encourage constructive play and support our behaviour policy. This is a temporary one-year contract in the first instance.
Depending on the skills and experience of shortlisted candidates, this role may be focused on supporting children with Special Educational Needs.
You can expect:
- well behaved and enthusiastic children
- supportive, hardworking colleagues
- a school with a strong, caring ethos
- an informative induction process
Beoley First School is looking to employ an individual who can demonstrate:
- commitment to supporting the school’s safeguarding and wellbeing priorities
- a kind and caring manner
- a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to change, essential for working in a small school
- confident communication skills with both adults and children alike
- the confidence and knowledge to support the learning of individuals and small groups with particular regard to reading, writing and maths
Beoley First School is a small, rural school on the outskirts of the conurbation of Redditch, maintained under Worcestershire County Council. There are 4 classes providing for children aged 4-9 years old. Our strong ethos promotes key values for life along with positive attitudes to behaviour and learning. We value our beautiful school setting and enjoy outdoor learning. The school is well supported by our community including parents and governors.
Beoley First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of the safeguarding vetting process including enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to the school as part of the application process are encouraged and can be made through the school office: 01527 62295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.. Application packs are available on request from the school office.