Care Systems Support Officer
Systems Support Officer
Salary: £20,043 - £21,269 per annum pro rata - Grade 5
37 Hours per week – Fixed Term or Secondment Opportunity until End May 2023
Are you a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a passion for IT systems, business support and redesign? Are you devoted to continuous improvement, delivering benefits for organisations and their customers? Can you turn a challenge into an opportunity? We may just have your ideal job!
About the role
We’re looking for a Systems Support Officer to join the team to support in providing great business advice and guidance, technical support, system maintenance and development of the CareDirector system and other social care systems. These systems are used by support staff who deliver social care services to vulnerable people in Staffordshire, so the work you do will be really important!
The post holders will work in one of two areas of the service:
- within our Help and Support Desk focusing on providing first-line support to system users by answering their calls, logging enquiries and providing immediate resolution to day-to-day support issues or focusing on supporting the delivery of the changes and this requires the post holder to have a technical aptitude to undertake system configuration
What you’ll bring
You’ll be someone who enjoys all things systems, so you’ll be able to understand the best way to use the system and then how to explain this to others but also how to spot issues and resolve them.
You’ll also have:
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Be a strong communicator able to talk to people at all levels
- IT skills to be able to configure systems and develop user guidance documents and virtual learning materials
- Be a problem solver
If you feel you meet the criteria within the job description, we would welcome your application. Internal candidates - this post is suitable for secondment, with prior approval of your Line Manager.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th May 2022
Interview Date: Monday 30th /Tuesday 31st May 2022
For more information about the role please contact: Jen Shorter, Care Systems Development Officer via MS Teams or email (email@example.com)
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services) Eye care vouchers Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme Bus and rail travel discounts