Salary: SC3 spinal point 05 - £19,650 p.a.
Hours: 22.5 per week
Contract type: Part-time/Term Time
Leigh and Bransford Primary School is committed to creating a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership.
Main purpose The administrative assistant/officer is responsible for supporting with the administrative, financial and organisational processes within the school. They will also act as the initial point of contact for parents, visitors and other stakeholders so will be an ambassador for the school and embody the value, vision and ethos of the school in all interactions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Update manual and computerised record/information systems in line with GDPR requirements.
- Update and maintain the school calendar
- Assist with managing the school’s email inbox, ensuring the school meets its expected response times and emails are forwarded to the relevant staff member as necessary
- Manage and organise completed forms from parents
- Report any issues with the school’s IT systems
- Organise and distribute incoming and outgoing post
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed
- Book training courses for all staff
- Carry out filing, printing and photocopying. Maintain the operation of the printer and photocopier to ensure it’s ready to use at all times, resolving any issues as necessary
- Assist with organising parents’ evenings and other meetings and events, including the organisation of rooms and equipment, and providing refreshments as required
- Keep records in accordance with the school’s record retention schedule and data protection law, ensuring information security and confidentiality at all times
- Maintain the school’s single central register
- Produce the school newsletter
- Monitor and maintain an accurate record of pupil attendance, producing reports as necessary
- Monitor the late arrival of pupils and contact parents/carers to identify reasons for non-attendance, ensuring all safeguarding procedures are followed
- Act as the first point of contact for parents and visitors arriving at the school
- Deal with telephone and face-to-face enquiries efficiently and in a professional and supportive manner
- Seek support from other colleagues where necessary to respond to complex enquiries
- Respond to messages promptly and accurately, passing on information to relevant staff members as necessary
- Assist staff and pupils with the information and support they need
- Sign visitors in/out
- Control access to the school in line with the school’s safeguarding procedures, including signing-in visitors, checking identification as necessary, issuing passes and notifying them of safeguarding and safety procedures
- Be alert to unknown individuals on the school premises and report any concerns in line with the school’s procedures
- Write and send email responses that are professional and uphold the school’s vision and values
- Update and distribute online and offline communications (e.g. letters, newsletters, social media posts etc) to parents, staff and other stakeholders
- Assist with marketing and promoting the school
- Other areas of responsibility Read and follow the relevant school policies
- Undertake training required to develop in the role
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in line with the school’s health and safety policy
- Contribute to the safety of children and young people and protect them from harm
- Processing contract changes, and recruitment.
- Coordinate IT matters with school’s IT Dept.
For further information please contact Leigh and Bransford Primary School Office email@example.com
Closing Date: 24 May 2022