Inclusion (SEND) Lead and Deputy DSL (0.6 FTE) - Ref: TV12022
Palfrey Infant School
Inclusion (SEND) Lead and Deputy DSL
Salary: UPS3 £41,604 (pro-rata £26,762) plus SEN Allowance (£3,000)
(Salary Point Dependent upon Experience)
Required for September 2022, or sooner
Palfrey Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our school has held our Ofsted Outstanding Award since 2009, the most recent being a Section 8 Inspection in March 2020.
The Governors seek to appoint a highly motivated Inclusion (SEND) Lead who will be a member of the school’s outstanding Leadership team, to work alongside our well-structured and supportive staff to help our children to achieve our school motto ’Happy Children Aiming High. We invite applications from teachers with high expectations, and excellent management skills, who can work alongside our outstanding team of teachers to inspire those children with Special Educational Needs to make excellent progress. The successful candidate will join our enthusiastic and dedicated team and support the aims and ethos of Palfrey Infant School. It is essential that the successful candidate holds a SEND qualification or it is essential that the successful candidate works towards gaining qualification.
We are looking for an Outstanding Leader who will:
- Take a strategic lead in all SEN matters, you will Line Manage and lead a team of dedicated colleagues, working alongside teaching colleagues, with both permanent members of the SEND team and 1-1 Agency Staff to ensure the best outcomes for all children with additional educational needs.
- Be required to organise and conduct SEN half termly review meetings (IEP’s IBP’s) including EHA as lead professional, with parents and carers to ensure positive outcomes for all parties as well as leading and attending all SEN/EHCP annual reviews with parents and other agencies.
- Lead on pupils new to country and EAL support.
- Have a strong understanding of relevant legislation, be able to work to statutory timescales, possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and have a willingness to work proactively with other agencies to ensure the best possible outcomes within available time and financial resources
- Take lead responsibility for Children and Young People in Care (CYPIC) within school, ensuring that personal, emotional and academic needs are prioritised by providing strategic leadership across the school as the Designated Teacher.
- Have responsibility for development of medical needs for all children, liaising with the Admin Team.
- Be part of the Inclusion Team, to support as Deputy DST.
We can offer:
- Children who enjoy coming to school and are enthusiastic learners
- Excellent teaching facilities throughout the school
- A strong commitment to your CPD
- Staff who are committed to school improvement.
- The opportunity to make a difference
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this post application packs are available on our school website www.palfreyinfant.co.uk. Please state your curriculum and special educational strengths and interests on the application form.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Visits to the school are welcomed by prior arrangement. Please contact the main school office for available dates/times.
Please note that only applications submitted on an application form will be considered.
The Authority/School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Last date for receipt of completed application: Friday, 10 June 2022
Informal Visits are welcomed on Monday, 23 May either at 10.00am or 4.00pm. Please contact the main school office to confirm which time you are wishing to attend.
Short-listing will take place on Monday, 13 June 2022
Interviews will take place on Monday, 27 June 2022