Service Manager - Locality Team - CP & Court
Sandwell Children’s Trust has a locality model covering a defined area of the borough and also holding the strategic lead responsibility for a function.
We currently have a vacancy for a Service Manager for the Smethwick & Oldbury locality, which leads on the agenda for Court & Child Protection across the Smethwick & Oldbury area. The Service Manager will manage the Court and Child Protection teams for the locality.
The Trust has been focusing on a number of areas, one of which being our ethos and guiding principles. This has involved the whole workforce with some powerful messages being shared about what is driving us in our roles. We want this to shape the future and how we work with families; so, your interest in joining us has come at an important time as we continue to move together at pace to create a new story.
We have agreed six strategic priorities which are driving our work; Practice; People; Partnerships; Prevention; Meeting Need; and Measuring Progress; and Striving for Excellence.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’
Permanent - 37 hours
As a Service Manager you will: -
- Provide supervision, leadership and management to Team Managers in the locality for the Court/CP teams;
- Monitor performance and implementation of the practice framework to promote the highest levels of practice in the locality and across the wider Trust;
- Be part of the leadership and management structure;
- Be responsible for facilitating multi-agency working and developing collaborative relationships with partners to ensure that children and young people are supported and safeguarded;
- Ensure that single assessments and Child Protections plans and plans for children who are subject of Court Proceedings are good quality, robust, holistic and child centred;
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
- Drive forward the key priorities, ethos and values of the Trust.
About you: -
- A qualified Social Worker and Manager, with significant knowledge & experience in Child Protection & Court proceedings
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working;
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage with children, their families and relevant stakeholders;
- Ability to write reports for a range of audiences and be able to verbally present these with confidence;
- Good understanding of performance management and a commitment to providing a high-quality service to children, their families and carers;
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you.
- So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved. Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re passionate about improving the lives and outcomes of children, young people and families through robust multi-agency interventions to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support. Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment and supporting your career Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts. Find out more at:
- Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.