Assistant Technical Support Officer (hybrid working)
2 days left
This job position is within the Development and Growth Directorate.
12 month fixed term contract.
20 hours per week.
Hybrid working - home based and office based.
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated assistant support officer to join our Planning department for a temporary 12 month period. You should have good time management and communication skills, be able to prioritise potentially conflicting tasks, sustain attention to detail and work to deadlines.
You will provide support in a field of technical work required by the Development Management service area.
The post will involve providing technical and administrative support within the Development Management Business Unit including validation and processing of householder and Tree Preservation Order and Trees in Conservation Areas applications; providing factual information to applicants and agents over the telephone or in writing in connection with such planning applications; and processing of enforcement complaints and householder appeals.
- You will have experience of Development Management or Planning Policy work within a Local Planning Authority.
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (or above) including English and Maths.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook for e-mail is essential.
Why work for us?
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council is located in a very attractive and affordable part of the West Midlands, equidistant from Manchester and Birmingham. Our vision is to provide good local services, a prosperous borough, and safe and welcoming places for all.
- We are committed to being a fair and inclusive place to work where everyone can achieve their potential.
- We are focussed on the wellbeing of our people.
- Together we can help to make a difference to our community - we offer 'jobs with purpose'.
We offer a competitive range of benefits including; access to the local government pension scheme, minimum 23 days annual leave and 5 days extra after 5 years' service, agile working and family friendly policies, local and national high street discounts, green travel scheme including a cycle to work scheme, 24 hour employee assistance and counselling services, flu vaccination service plus development and training opportunities.
For a confidential and informal discussion, please contact Jeff Upton, Interim Head of Planning on (01782) 742254 or (07963) 962157.