Teaching Assistant - Castle Wood School
Come and join our dedicated team at Castle Wood, a vibrant, innovative broad spectrum special needs school for children aged 3 to 11.
We have received two successive outstanding Ofsted judgements and have been praised for our use of Early Years practice and principles throughout our school.
We are looking to hire Teaching Assistants to support children who have 1:1 funding allocation.
You will be resilient, dynamic and enthusiastic and keen to work in our inspirational special needs school.
Our vision is ‘Together children first…’ and we need experienced Significant Adults with the professional behaviours of initiative, commitment, dedication, a sense of fun and the ability to work as part of a team.
You are likely to be working with children on a 1:1 basis who have complex autism, may be non-verbal and have very challenging behaviours.
You may also work with children who have profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Knowledge and experience of Early Years practice and principles would be preferred as this underpins all teaching and learning in our school.
We are looking for a person with:
• An excellent general education
• GCSE Maths and English A-C, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
• The ability to work as part of a team
• A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
• Personal skills and qualities required to form positive relationships with children, parents and carers
• High aspirations for their pupils and themselves
• A good knowledge of the EYFS would be an advantage but a willingness to learn and embrace its practice and principles is essential
• Previous experience of working in a special school on a 1:1 basis would be advantageous but not essential
We will offer:
• Fabulous, warm and enthusiastic children
• A happy school with a welcoming and supportive team
• Personalised continuing professional learning
• Opportunities to work with experts from a range of disciplines
• Supportive governors and parents.
Hours of work: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm, Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm. 30 minutes unpaid lunch break is included. 39 weeks Term Time (including 5 teacher training days).
Closing date: Sunday 22nd May 2022
Interview date: TBC
Application forms and relevant documents are available to download below and are to be returned via email to email@example.com
In your application form, please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful Teaching Assistant and why you wish to work in a Special school in particular.
Unfortunately, due to the extremely high number of applications expected, we are unable to respond to each individual. If you have not heard by 25th May 2022 then your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Previous applicants need not reapply.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.