Teacher of Maths - Finham Park School
TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714 - £41,604)
Full Time - Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
• A department that is friendly and forward-thinking, who are highly regarded by staff, students and parents alike. We have opportunities for staff to teach at all key stages including A-Level, and we are particularly proud to offer a range of Post-16 Mathematics courses, including A-Level Maths, Further Maths and the new Core Maths qualification. At Key Stage 4 our students will be entered for Edexcel GCSE Mathematics and some students will complete AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics. Departmental results for Year 11 and 13 students are consistently good and the department is continually aspiring to improve on this success.
• The Mathematics team offers access to events such as the UK Maths Challenge and UKMT Team Maths Challenges, and we are continuously looking for ways to enrich our students' curriculum. This includes trips, taster sessions, competitions and enrichment sessions after school.
• Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
• We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
• We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
• The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
What you offer:
• Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
• Whether an ECT or experienced teacher you are someone who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
• A team player.
How to Apply:
Click the apply button to complete an on line application form.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by:
Closing Date: Monday 23rd May 2022 at 9am
Interview date: Thursday 26th May 2022.
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.