The Trust is looking to appoint a highly effective SENCO who is committed to supporting the Multi Academy Trust to educational excellence and further developing the distinctive Christian character of educational provision and the school community.
This is a key role, central to the leadership of inclusion in our academies and therefore securing the best possible outcomes for our children. The role will be based in a small number of closely located primary academies, therefore the successful candidate will need to be flexible in their approach to working patterns, and travel within the group of academies will be required.
Skills and knowledge:
• Sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
• Understanding of what makes ‘quality first’ teaching, and of effective intervention strategies
• Ability to plan and evaluate interventions
• Impact analysis skills and the ability to use assessment information to inform provision planning
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Ability to influence and negotiate
• Excellent record-keeping skills
• Up to date knowledge of the primary national curriculum and assessment & reporting arrangements
• Commitment to getting the best outcomes for pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the academy and trust
• Commitment to equal opportunities and securing good outcomes for pupils with SEN or a disability
• Ability to work in a timely and efficient manner, and prioritise effectively
• Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Commitment to safeguarding and equality
Please send application form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.