Central Office Administrator (Head Office - Birmingham)
Trust Central Office Administrator
Salary Grade: SC5
SP Range: 12-17
Type: Full time, full year
Performance-based increments and Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays’ – 30 days holiday after 5 years’ service.
This is an exciting and important role with the main responsibility being to provide a high-level of support to the Head Office Executive Leadership Team and Central Human Resources function. The successful candidate will operate in a positive and proactive way, demonstrating a high level of initiative, competence, and confidentiality across all areas of the Trust activities.
You will be accountable to the Chief Operating Officer and will work to a highly professional and organised standard, undertaking a range of tasks simultaneously, adapting quickly and efficiently to changing circumstances and situations.
You will be expected to work within established procedures and guidelines and to prioritise day-to-day work and may from time to time be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility defined in this job description.
ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT TO THE EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP AND HUMAN RESOURCE’S FUNCTION
Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer:
▪ Administratively supports the Executive Team.
▪ Assists the PA to the Executive Principal (CEO) and Office Manager as required.
▪ Supports other Heads of Function – e.g. Governance, Estates, Data, and IT as required.
▪ Attend and support central meetings held in the Head Office – this may occasionally be on weekends.
▪ Works in partnership and promotes high levels of communication and information sharing within the Central Team and other teams.
▪ Maintains central databases and systems relating to compliance.
▪ Supports Trust growth and TUPE processes as required. ▪ Supports Tendering and Procurement processes as required.
▪ Support the Trusts Payroll Manager on the monthly payroll cycle.
▪ Use the Trusts Payroll and HR software packages, currently Access People.
▪ May from time to time be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility defined in this job description.
▪ Manage on and off boarding of central employees as well as employee changes and prepare all documentation.
▪ Preparing and maintaining central employee contracts and safeguarding information. ▪ Maintain central employee records keeping them accurate and up to date.
▪ Manage the recruitment administrative process.
▪ Support on the performance review process.
▪ Support on HR projects – ‘Let’s Talk People’ Process.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
▪ Proven experience as a Senior Administrative Assistant for senior management.
▪ Good communication skills.
▪ High level attention to detail.
▪ Demonstrable experience of roles involving management of confidential.
▪ Ability to take accurate minutes of Senior level meetings.
▪ High level working knowledge of Microsoft office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
▪ Experience of HR administration, policies, and procedures.
▪ Experience of working in a head office executive focused environment
▪ Experience of working confidentially with personal data in line with GDPR requirements including recording and monitoring compliance documentation.
▪ Previous experience in education an advantage.
▪ 5 GCSEs A-C – essential (including English Language and Maths).
▪ Level 3 Business Administration or equivalent – essential.
▪ Degree in Business related function – desirable.
▪ Ability to perform consistently in line with the CRST values.
▪ Flexible, tolerant, and able to solve problems.
▪ Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, flexibility, and innovation.
▪ Can act with integrity
LOCATION, LINE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE & RESPONSIBILITES
Your direct line manager will be the Chief Operating Officer and you will be expected to liaise with all members of the central team of which you will be a part.
The Central Trust Head Office is in the Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham, but you may be required to attend meetings at any of our schools/academies.