Class Teacher – Lightwoods Primary Academy
POST: Class Teacher
LOCATION: Lightwoods Primary Academy
REQUIRED FOR: September 2022 or later by agreement
Are you a warm person? Would you like to teach in our lovely school, with excellent support and CPD structures? We are looking for a class teacher for either our Early Year reception classes, or one of our national curriculum year groups. We hope you will come and have a look around and see our children in action!
Lightwoods Primary Academy is part of the Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust providing staff with opportunities to progress both within the school, and across the Trust.
Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust is an established Multi-Academy Trust of primary and secondary academies across the West Midlands.
Our reputation is built on our core values of innovation, collaboration and inspiring individuals within our care.
We want every single person that comes through the doors of one of our academies to leave having grown as an individual, in terms of their skill set and their respect for others.
We believe that every person who passes through our doors deserves the very best that we can offer. Everyone who works with and for the Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust does so because they believe in children and want their futures to be happy and successful.
We are looking for passionate and creative teacher who work well within a team and who will help us on our journey to provide exceptional educational provision for our pupils and families.
We can offer:
• Opportunities across our MAT to enhance skills and experience at both primary and secondary level
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Exceptional CPD provision including working with national and international experts in their field
• a supportive working environment and team ethos
• friendly, enthusiastic children.
We are looking for a passionate and creative teacher who work well within a team and who will help us on our journey to provide exceptional educational provision for our pupils and families.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience teaching across the key stages. Applications from newly qualified teachers are also welcome
• Be a consistently good/outstanding teacher
• Be an exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations of both learning and behaviour
• Able to inspire, motivate and enthuse pupils
• Committed to raising standards for all and share the same drive to constantly learn and improve
• Show willingness to lead initiatives and show evidence of impact.
• Demonstrate a passion to make a difference to others
• To be proficient with the use of technology for learning and have a willingness to innovate.
We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice where all staff can thrive. We believe that supporting our staff both personally and professionally allows them to give their very best to our students. Our aim is to foster a working culture that recognises and reflects the importance of good mental health and wellbeing and provides effective support when colleagues need it.
Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment. All post-holders will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), including a Children’s Barred List check for post carrying out a regulated activity.
Closing date: Monday 13th June 2022
Interviews: Week of 20th June 2022.
Thank you for your interest in the post. Please note the closing date for applications is Monday 13th June 2013.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will organise a visit for you.
Following the shortlisting process, successful candidates will be invited for interview which are likely to be held week commencing 20th June 2022.
Unsuccessful (shortlisted) candidates will get the opportunity to obtain verbal feedback once the process is completed.
To apply for the position, you will need to complete an on-line application form. To access this, please click here:
Once you have inputted your personal details, click next and save your application. This will produce a link so that you can access your application at any time, prior to submission. Once your application is complete, please click to submit.
Full Time – Term Time, Permanent
Teachers Main Scale £25,714 - £36,599 UPS possible
Lightwoods Primary Academy, Castle Road East, Oldbury, B68 9BG
Monday 13th June 2022