Assistant Unit Manager
Short Breaks Children's Home
Assistant Manager Vacancy
Assistant Manager (Registered Children's Home)
Salary: £27,514 - £31,895 plus £3000 Market Forces payment (and additional payments for sleeping in)
Full-Time: 37 Hours
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Assistant Manager who will be part of the management team to walk this journey with us, to be motivated in putting the needs of our young people first and be ambitious to develop practices and work responsively to support young people in achieving their potential.
We are an established short breaks overnight service for children with physical, complex needs and learning disability.
The main duty is to support the team in providing a caring, nurturing and loving home environment for our children whilst encouraging independence and choice. To help create opportunities for young people to engage in various activities to enable them to grow, while working in partnership with their families. You will be expected to lead the team in the absence of the registered manager.
Expectations of this role include:
• You are expected to develop safe, professional supportive and nurturing relationships with the young people.
• You will be inspiring and mentoring team to ensure they are meeting and exceeding the emotional support of young people in our care.
• You will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding and experience of working in a care home setting for children and young people with physical, complex needs and learning difficulties.
• You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of the regulatory process
• Excellent knowledge of children's homes' legislation and OFSTED standards.
• Children's home Team Leader/Assistant Manager experience in a setting for children with 2 years’ experience (required).
- The ability to work shifts and sleep in on a rota basis.
- You will be expected to provide regular staff supervision.
• Diploma L3 Residential Childcare/NVQ3 children & young people or equivalent is essential
• Diploma level 5 is desirable however it is essential that the applicant is willing to obtain this qualification.
Please contact Beverley Harris for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 26th June 2022.