Y6 Class Teacher
St Thomas CE Academy
Great Colmore Street
Telephone Number: 0121 622 2151
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 1 September 2022
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed term 1 year contract
We are looking for a creative and hardworking teacher who can work across the primary age range and in particular year 6. We are looking to appoint a teacher with a passion determination to provide opportunities for all children to thrive and make a difference in their lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a enthusiastic team. Successful applicants will receive a warm welcome and will enjoy a range of benefits including high quality CPD and the opportunity to share good practice in our schools across the Trust.
Our schools are an exciting place to work and we would encourage applicants to come and look around them. To find out more about our schools and get a flavour of what they are like head to our YouTube channel (search All Saints Multi Academy Trust Birmingham) or visit our website.
Christian values and relationships form the heart of our family ethos and through an inspirational and creative curriculum we are building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners. Our motto is ‘God’s Love in Action’.
St Thomas CE Academy and St John's & St Peter's CE Academy form All Saints Multi Academy Trust Birmingham. Both schools have good bus and rail connections and are located within a 10 minute walk of Birmingham City Centre.
The successful candidate could be deployed in either school, in any year group in the MAT.
To apply for this role you must have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• teaching experience
• have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child
• work in a creative and inspirational way with high expectations for all
• be committed to raising standards for all our children
• excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
What we will offer the right person:
• energetic, enthusiastic, and confident children
• a supportive ethos of aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
• a dynamic, creative environment, encouraging collaboration and open to innovation
• a strong, dedicated team who work hard for our school community
• an enthusiastic leadership team, who are committed to supporting and developing colleagues
• a warm, family atmosphere
• ambition and vision for all within the All Saints Multi Academy Trust family
Closing Date: 10 June 2022, 12 midday
For an application pack or more details please contact the school office 0121 622 2151 or email
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.