Digital Content Editor
Digital and Customer Services is on a mission to improve our resident’s online experience ensuring that our customers can easily find the content they need across our online channels.
If you have a flair for producing engaging and accessible web content, then this role of Digital Content Editor is for you.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Content Editor to join our Digital Front Door Team to plan, create, edit, and publish content for the council’s websites.
As a Digital Content Editor, you will play a key role in delivering our digital strategy by leading in the management our of web presence. You will be a skilled communicator with an understanding of writing for the web best practice. You will have experience in producing engaging, accessible web content, using a consistent tone of voice that meets our customers’ needs.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the Council, building positive working relationships to ensure that their content and message is delivered effectively across any device.
What we need you to do:
- Research and write engaging text for a target audience
- Tailor content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose, whether to sell or inform
- Work with other team members to maintain a consistent tone of voice and ensure an effective service message is delivered
For an informal discussion, please contact Stuart Orford, Digital Customer Experience Manager via email Stuart.email@example.com or James Leavesley on James.Leavesley@dudley.gov.uk.
Previous applicants need not apply.
You will also benefit from:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Agile Working – supporting and promoting a positive work/life balance
Flexible Working – to include Agile Working (dependant on the needs of the service), Flexible Retirement
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) Depending upon Salary and Length of Service
- Learning & Development / Apprenticeships – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
So that we can demonstrate Dudley’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and to improve bias in the recruitment process that could create barriers for candidates. Your personal data will be anonymised when you apply, to ensure that you comply with our anonymisation process please ensure you have removed your name and date of birth from any attachments prior to uploading them to your application.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Job Description & Person Specification