PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL
Digital & IT - Applications
£45,648 - £49,702
37 Hours Per Week - Permanent
We are seeking a talented Senior Developer. As Senior Developer, you will report directly to the Digital Solutions and Development Manager and undertake software development on the organisation’s core products working within Agile methodology
Working to exacting service standards and prioritising customer demand you will lead on the design, overseeing and quality assuring future changes and strategic development of solutions.
You will possess extensive knowledge of systems, interfaces, data structures, relationships and business processes to provide the business with technical expertise, facilitating the technical design, development, implementation, enhancement and new solutions where appropriate.
You will: -
- Develop and support software and core products
- Be the development lead whilst working with the development team, Product Owners, and others to always ensure the best possible quality.
- Have experience of working in an Agile Scrum environment and take part in Scrum Ceremonies such as Planning and Estimation meetings, Retrospectives, and morning stand-ups.
- Lead the Development teams ensuring successful development from beginning to end through the development lifecycle.
- Lead on the maintenance of the development application portfolio.
- Manage the delivery of business and technology driven projects and work packages from various sources to enhance, update, patch or customise components of the application portfolio.
- Lead on developing and enhancing components within the systems development portfolio as appropriate including
You will be leading on new and existing projects, liaising with customers across the organisation assessing and delivering requirements to an impeccable standard. A strong customer focussed ethos is essential with a proven ability to initiate and deliver service improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- You will benefit from 25 days paid leave rising to 29 days after 5 years.
- You will be enrolled into the West Midlands Pension Fund which is one of the UK's largest pension funds.
- City of Wolverhampton Council operate a flexible working policy.
- We have an employee salary sacrifice scheme giving our employees the ability to obtain things such as technology, green cars, etc.
For further information please contact Mike Allen, Digital Solutions and Development Manager on 01902 550380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE 30th June 2022
Apply online at www.wmjobs.co.uk/our-employers/wolverhampton-city-council/
For more information about working for our organisation including the culture of the Council, the Council plan and vision, staff equality forums, HR core policies and much more please click here. https://www.wvjobs.co.uk/index.html
If you are considering applying for an apprenticeship or role where the salary is £18,333 to £27,514 (Grades 2-5), and want to visit us to get more information about the application process and what it is like to work for the City of Wolverhampton Council, please attend one of our monthly briefings. To find out more and book onto a session, click here.