Job title: Senior Practitioners
Service area: Childrens Services
Location: We have opportunities in Burton (East Staffs),
Salary: Grade 10 - £38,553 - £42,614 per annum + car user allowance
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week I Full time I Part time I Fixed term I Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options with you
Game changing support.
As a Senior Practitioner at Staffordshire you’ll be key in the support and coaching you’ll help us to provide to our Social Workers. You’ll encourage and ensure that there’s a focus upon quality of practice but also on achieving positive outcomes for children and families.
It’s a great time to join us as a Senior practitioner as following our transformation, we have opportunities available with us across East Staffordshire:
Senior Practitioner – Assessment & Staying Together
Locations available: East Staffs - Burton 37 hours
About the role
As a Senior Practitioner in the Assessment & Staying Together teams you’ll:
- Manage a complex allocation of children Share in day to day care management tasks with the team manager, promoting a restorative approach to working with children and families, making decisions and providing advice and guidance to social workers with regard to child in need, Child Protection and Child In Care and Care Proceedings, in consultation with the manager, and chairing of strategy meetings, complex Child In Need and Core Group meetings. Coordinate and facilitate team group supervision Promote effective multi agency service delivery, and restorative practice with partner agencies. Ensure the teamwork towards achieving key service delivery objectives to ensure satisfactory team performance against key performance indicators. Mentor Social Work colleagues through assistance with complex cases including Care Proceedings work to support the professional development of newly qualified social workers Be responsible for the provision of practice placements for students and support social workers undertaking the practice assessment and workload management of social work students in the team Provide professional supervision to unqualified staff (including students and sessional workers) including identifying training needs. Lead on or contribute to projects as directed by the team manager.
What you’ll bring
More generally, overall, our Senior Practitioners need to be a:
- Qualified Social Worker with at least 2 years post qualifying experience
- Registered with Social Work England
- Have a current UK driving licence and vehicle
But above all, you’ll bring the desire to work with children and families to give them the right support, at the right time with the aim of keeping families together where it’s safe to do so.
Our benefits & offer to you
We know you’ll want to continually develop in your role and potentially progress your career and that’s why we have great training and development opportunities ensuring your individual growth here at Staffordshire.
Plus, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 26 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 36 days annual leave in this role. Essential car user allowance £963 per annum The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services) Eye care vouchers Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. In your application please write in the supporting information which Social Work role/s you’re interested in and the locations.
If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Interview Date: asap following the closing date
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.