Teaching Assistant Additional needs
Job Reference: PV21- 84
Location: Marshbrook First School, Penkridge
Employer: Penk Valley Academy Trust
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28th June 2022
Start date: 5th September 2022
Salary: Grade 4, (£10.19 per hour)
Terms & Conditions: Fixed term for a year from 5th September 2022 until 21st July 2023 in the first instance (39.2 working weeks)
Hours:15 hours per week
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team of highly professional support staff. You will be required to work, under guidance, to provide support in addressing the needs of a pupil who requires particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
Main Duties will include:
- Providing pastoral support to pupils within the school environment
- Receive and supervise pupils excluded from, or otherwise not working to, a normal timetable.
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health and hygiene development.
- Participate in the comprehensive assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help. Support provision for pupils with additional needs.
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils.
- Provide feedback to pupils and teachers in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc.
This position is for 15 hours per week, every morning.
- Access to first class CPD opportunities. Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 7 schools within the academy
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the to the Local Government Pension Scheme one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
We take a collaborative view of learning where good practice is shared through structured INSET programmes within school and across the Trust. You will join a friendly team.
Being part of Penk Valley Academy Trust:
Penk Valley Academy Trust is the local academy Trust for the following schools: Marshbrook First School, Princefield First School, St John’s First School, St Mary & St Chad CE First School, Penkridge Middle School, Wolgarston High School and The Rural Enterprise Academy.
The Trust’s vision and ethos is encapsulated in our motto ‘Learning Together’. Our main aim is to work collaboratively and take collective responsibility for ensuring that every child and young person in our Trust receives an excellent education, achieves high outcomes and realises their potential. All members of staff work incredibly hard to provide the very best education for every child in our care.
All completed application forms should be sent by email to HR@penkvalley.co.uk or FAO HR to the school address:
Marshbrook First School
Application forms and job specification are available on the school website or from the school office
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 28th June 2022
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and responsibility. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All staff working in the School during the school day will have contact with children and will therefore be in regulated activity.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.