Enablement Worker - Community Activity & Wellbeing Services
Enablement Worker - Community Activity & Wellbeing Team
£19,000 per annum, pro rata
Full & Part Time Positions Available
“Be aspirational and think beyond the obvious to enable people to reach their full potential”
Are you passionate about breaking down barriers to support people to live a more independent and fulfilling life?
We are currently looking people to join our team to deliver excellent support in the community. Whether you are looking for a rewarding role enabling vulnerable people, a flexible working pattern to fit around you, or an opportunity to gain skills and experience in the health and social care sector, becoming an Enablement Worker could be the perfect position for you.
You will be able to demonstrate being proactive in your approach to care and a willingness to adapt and change as we develop with new innovations and challenges within the care sector.
Whilst previous experience is preferred, this is not essential as we’re looking for people with the right values to join our team
What you will receive from us
- Flexible Hours – To suit your needs, there are opportunities for full or part time employment
- Generous rates of pay
- Expert training, that you will be paid to do and opportunities to develop your skills. You will also receive a certificate for the training you complete.
- A full induction, excellent support and ongoing supervision
- The opportunity to progress within our team
- Free DBS
- Refer A Friend Scheme - £150 for every friend you successfully refer to us
- The opportunity to join a team that is fully committed to support people to live a more independent and fulfilling life.
- Automatic membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, one of the largest public sector pension schemes in the UK
- 23 days annual leave rising to 31 days with service and 8 bank holidays, plus an additional concessionary day
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave,
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers, car lease scheme, health care schemes and safe and secure savings accounts
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services, these include discounts on national attractions such a theme parks and discounted travel.
- A truly rewarding career
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
My Options - Activity Wellbeing and Care Services is part of Telford & Wrekin Council and provides a wide range of person-centred support to over 350 people to vulnerable people of all ages and abilities.
We currently provide a wide range of services including; Young People’s Services, Community Activity and Wellbeing services, Residential services, Community Support for those people living in their own or shared accommodation and a very successful Shared Lives Scheme.
The team you will be joining is responsible for supporting our customers across a range of programmes to increase their independence as well as delivering our Community Outreach programme and supporting our customers with higher level needs at Southwood Activity & Wellbeing Hub.
If you want to join us at this exciting time then please complete the attached online application form as CVs will not be accepted. We are committed to equality and diversity.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact: Jenny Tinkler on 01952 381317 or by email; Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively contact My Options on 01952 381317 or email email@example.com
To find out more about the My Options services please take a look at our website: www.myoptionstelford.co.uk
Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.