Seclusion Manager – Thorns Collegiate Academy
POST: Seclusion Manager
LOCATION: Thorns Collegiate Academy
GRADE: Band E
SALARY: £22,681 - £27,085
HOURS: 37 Hours – Term Time + 1 Week
Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust is an established Multi-Academy Trust of primary and secondary academies across the West Midlands.
Our reputation is built on our core values of innovation, collaboration and inspiring individuals within our care.
We want every single person that comes through the doors of one of our academies to leave having grown as an individual, in terms of their skill set and their respect for others.
We believe that every person who passes through our doors deserves the very best that we can offer. Everyone who works with and for the Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust does so because they believe in children and want their futures to be happy and successful.
We are looking for a Seclusion Manager who will:
- Be passionate about improving the lives of our students
- Role model a commitment to excellence
- Be confident in using ICT systems
- Have experience of working with young people aged 11 – 16
- Want to collaborate as part of a team
- Have high standards
We can offer:
- Opportunities across our MAT to enhance skills and experience
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Exceptional CPD provision
- a supportive working environment and team ethos
- friendly, enthusiastic children.
To supervise the seclusion (isolation area) within school and address the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning including those with SEND. To challenge, motivate and inspire young people to achieve their potential and help them overcome any barriers to learning, aiming to support all children to successful reintegrate from the seclusion area to the main academy.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate a willingness and ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- have proven experience of working effectively as part of a team
- be able to build positive relationships with young people, regardless of disposition
We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice where all staff can thrive. We believe that supporting our staff both personally and professionally allows them to give their very best to our students. Our aim is to foster a working culture that recognises and reflects the importance of good mental health and wellbeing and provides effective support when colleagues need it.
Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment. All post-holders will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), including a Children’s Barred List check for post carrying out a regulated activity.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 June 2022 @ midnight
To apply and for further information such as the job description and person specification please click the following link Non-teaching - Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust (shirelandcat.net).
37 hours, 52 weeks, Permanent
Band B SCP 2-4 £18,198 - £18,933
Thorns Collegiate Academy, Stockwell Avenue, Quarry Bank, Brierley Hill, DY5 2NU
Monday 30th November 2020 at 8:00am