Personal Advisor - Care Leavers
The Trust has been focusing on a number of areas, one of which being our ethos and guiding principles. This has involved the whole workforce with some powerful messages being shared about what is driving us in our roles. We want this to shape the future and how we work with families; so, your interest in joining us has come at an important time as we continue to move together at pace to create a new story.
We have agreed six strategic priorities which are driving our work; Practice; People; Partnerships; Prevention; Meeting Need; and Measuring Progress; and Striving for Excellence.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts and the 12 reasons to work for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
To work with young people leaving care to ensure a smooth transition to independence
To assist and support young people to prepare for independence and to support them once independent
To maintain accurate records as required on the child’s file.
Provide advice (including practical advice) and support to care leavers
To work in partnership with a wide range of key agencies and individuals including housing, education, training providers and welfare rights to ensure young people receive specific support
To develop packages of support to care leavers and refer young people to appropriate support to meet their complex needs e.g. Mental health, chronic drug and alcohol use, sexual abuse.
Advocate on behalf of young people and their carers
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 in Care or equivalent in discipline related to the work of Social Care/Targeted Youth Support Work
- Experience of working with young people experiencing difficulties with their families
- Experience of working within multi disciplined partnerships - housing, welfare rights, careers guidance
- Experience of preparing and supporting young people to live independently.
- Experience of delivering sessions to young people including group work, family work, counselling skills, budgeting
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you.
- So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved. Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re passionate about improving the lives and outcomes of children, young people and families through robust multi-agency interventions to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support. Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment and supporting your career Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts. Find out more at:
- Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.