KS2 Class Teacher
KS2 Class Teacher
Required from September 2022
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons to assigned classes, following the school’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work
- Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils, making accurate and productive use of assessment
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for external tests
Whole-school organisation, strategy and development
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the school’s policies, practices and procedures, so as to support the school’s values and vision
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Work with others on curriculum and pupil development to secure co-ordinated outcomes
- Lead a core subject across the school
Health, safety and discipline
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of pupils
- Maintain good order and discipline among pupils, managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Take part in the school’s appraisal procedures
- Take part in further training and development in order to improve own teaching
- Where appropriate, take part in the appraisal and professional development of others
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and carers
- Communicating effectively with SLT and local Governing body
Working with colleagues and other relevant professionals
- Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
Personal and professional conduct
- Uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school
- Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school, and maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality
- Understand and act within the statutory frameworks setting out their professional duties and responsibilities
Management of staff and resources
- Direct and supervise support staff assigned to them, and where appropriate, other teachers
- Deploy resources delegated to them
Other areas of responsibility
- Contribute to the wider life and ethos of the school for example, through extra -curricular activities
- The teacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the post, participating in appropriate training activities.
- To support at all times the Catholic ethos of the school/Multi Academy Company by promoting the agreed vision and aims and setting an example of personal integrity and professionalism.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
- Other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post. Duties and responsibilities outside of the post will only be required with the agreement of the post holder.
The MAC reserves the right to require you to work at such other place or places as it may reasonably require from time to time subject to the provision of reasonable notice.
Closing Date: Friday 24th June 2022, 9am
Email address to request and return application pack: firstname.lastname@example.org