Housing Options Officers
Housing Options Officer
1 FTC Full time position until March 2024.
Salary £26,446 - £29,174 pa
Warwick District Council are committed to delivering excellent advice and support services to homeless people approaching the Council.
The candidate we are looking to join our team would need to demonstrate their experience of delivering good quality homelessness advice or services.
They would be a key point of contact for those facing homelessness to deliver the Council’s statutory obligations under the Housing Act 1996 Part Vll, and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
The ability to empathise with clients and engage with potentially vulnerable people is essential.
The role involves:
- Interviewing those approaching the Council as homeless.
- Working with clients to find solutions to their homelessness
- Administering and discharging the Council’s statutory and regulatory obligations to people threatened with or experiencing homelessness.
- Writing to clients accepting and ending legal duties.
- Liaison with statutory and non-statutory agencies to investigate homelessness and to assist in the prevention or relief of homelessness.
- Giving housing advice tailored to the needs of the clients
The role may involve both home working and working from the office, flexible arrangements can be agreed.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you have any questions or wish to have an informal discussion, please contact Lucy Carr, Senior Housing Advice & Allocations Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26.6.22
Interview dates: 30.6.22