Teacher of History - Sir Graham Balfour School
Teacher of History
with some lower school Religious Education or Geography
Full time, temporary post to cover maternity leave
Maternity Cover SGB Pay Scale £25,714 - £41,604
Required from September 2022 to approx. end June 2023
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher to join our very successful Humanities Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed.
The faculty is at an exciting point in its development and enjoying considerable success in public exams at all levels. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the Faculty in its continuing development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
• A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
• An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
• A very positive climate for learning.
• A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
• Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
• A commitment to inclusive practice.
• The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
• Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
• Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
• We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490. The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm Friday 24th June 2022. Please return completed applications to email@example.com
Shortlisting for this post will take place by Monday 27th June 2022 and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 27th June 2022; will include a tour around the school, meetings with the Humanities Faculty, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Further details of the lesson will be sent out to the successful candidates.