Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Learning Support - Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
Do you want to make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? Are you looking to go into teaching and would like some experience in a school setting?
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our supportive Learning Support team at our school in Coventry.
The successful candidate will work with teaching staff to provide learning opportunities and academic support (including numeracy and literacy) to our students, addressing emotional, behavioural, and social needs. There will be an opportunity to work 1-1 with a designated student for part of this role. This post would suit a recent graduate who is looking into a career in teaching or working with young people.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Access to a Health Cash Plan provided through Simply Health
- Support and professional development are a high priority and all our staff at every level benefit from high quality professional development opportunities.
- Excellent pension scheme
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Grade C/ Level 4 or above in Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent
- Be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children
- Set high standards for themselves and others
- Work successfully in partnership with parents and our community
- Be committed to promoting the Catholic ethos of our school;
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills and able to multi-task in a busy environment;
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and caring;
- Be able to show excellent organisational and communication skills with both children and colleagues
Application forms and supplementary documents are available to download from https://romeromac.com/vacancies/ Only CES application forms will be accepted. All sections of the CES application form and relevant supplementary documents must be completed.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Closing Date: Monday 27th June 2022 at 12 noon
Grade: Romero Grade 4 scp 6 – 14 Actual Salary £17,315 - £20,288 per annum
Hours: 37 hours a week, term time plus 1 week - Part time will be considered dependent upon the needs of the school
Application forms should be returned to the HR Department at email@example.com