Teaching Assistant- Millfield Primary School
Required from 1st September 2022
Teaching assistant – General Level 2 – Grade 3 Point 4
£19,264 per annum
Fixed term contract until Easter 2023 - five days a week – 30 hours
The Governing Body of Millfield Primary School is seeking to appoint a teaching assistant to join our hard working and dedicated staff team to support pupils in our Early Years Foundation Stage.
This is an exciting time for Millfield Primary as we move forward and continue to make the necessary changes to improve our school. We are committed to making our school a centre of excellence and we are looking for a teaching assistant to join us who can help us to achieve this goal.
Our school can offer:
- Enthusiastic positive children who have excellent behaviour for learning
- A happy, caring environment with supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- Opportunities for further professional development
Under the direction of EYFS teaching staff provide specific support in the care and development of pupils and the management of the classroom.
Duties include: providing support to pupils in relation to their individual abilities, providing structured support to specific work programmes, support pupils in relation to their individual needs e.g. behaviour strategies, supervise pupils in a curricular activity, contribute to curriculum planning, evaluation and implementation, co-ordinate pupils attending extra-curricular activities. Provide support to teachers within the curriculum area.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic and imaginative teaching assistant who is knowledgeable about the primary curriculum (experience of supporting pupils in the EYFS and the teaching of early reading – Read, Write Inc phonics – would be desirable)
- Be able to demonstrate experience of supporting class teachers with the delivery of the curriculum and pastoral care.
- Have high standards of English and Mathematics.
- Have a positive attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Have high expectations of children's achievements and behaviour.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong ability to demonstrate their own initiative, build good relationships with pupils and establish positive behaviours for learning.
If you are interested in applying for this important position at our school, please complete the application form and return it to school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Monday 11th July, along with a supporting letter detailing relevant experience and why you would be suitable for the post.Interviews to take place on Friday 15th July.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Mr. S. Kelly
Head teacher – Millfield Primary School