SENDIASS YOUNG PERSON ADVISOR
We are currently recruiting for a Young Person Advisor for maternity cover for up to 1 year from August 2022.
We are the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Information Advice and Support Service. We offer a range of support on all SEN matters to children and young people with additional needs and their parents/carers.
The successful applicant will be working directly with young people, offering information and guidance on all SEND matters including transition advice. You will be expected to manage a caseload and develop links with a range of stakeholders, reporting directly to the SENDIASS Operational Manager. Some work with parents/carers will also be required.
A professional with proven experience of working with children and/or young people with additional needs is required. Experience of providing careers/transition advice is essential. By consulting with stakeholders and young people to provide the service they require within the boundaries of the SEN Code of Practice. Knowledge of SEND law would be advantageous. Knowledge of local opportunities for children/young people will be vital as well engagement of Young People to build a caseload. Training and support will be provided to the right candidate.
NVQ level 4 in Advice and Guidance/Careers guidance is essential. Applicants must have proven report writing and recording experience, and considerable experience of working directly with young people and/or children. A proactive approach is vital to this role, as well as innovative and excellent networking skills. The ability to travel across the county is required as well as strong team working skills.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org