Interview date: 3 August 2022
Are you an experienced Commercial / Procurement professional with a strong track record of delivering outcomes, whilst also putting people at the heart of everything you do?
We’re offering an opportunity as a Commercial Officer to support the delivery of commercial activity across the council. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as the team will be leading the council’s adoption of a new social value strategy whilst also supporting the achievement of the council’s Delivery Plan and you will play a leading role in helping the council achieve its social value ambitions through commercial practice.
You’ll be part of a friendly, supportive and professional Commercial Services Team. The team sits within the council’s Corporate Services directorate and acts as a strategic partner across the organisation; shaping, delivering and promoting best practice procurement and contract management. You’ll act as a positive role model for the team and will actively support your colleagues’ development.
The role is available from 1st September 2022 and is fulltime at 37hours per week. Join us in helping to make Herefordshire an even better place to do business, visit and live. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role please contact Lee Robertson at Lee.Robertson@herefordshire.gov.uk or Mark Cage at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com