Apprentice Library, Information and Archive Services Assistant
Job Title: Apprentice Library, Information and Archive Services Assistant
Location: Newcastle Library
Salary: Apprentice Grade 3 - £9,444 per annum (Rising to National Minimum Wage for age in Year 2)
Contract type: 37 Hours per week (occasional weekend working required) | Full time |18 months Fixed Term
About our role
This is a customer facing role so you will be dealing with customers either face to face, via email or by telephone to help answer day to day library enquiries.
With a high standard of customer service, you will help us to provide a range of services that support the delivery of the library offer, including the provision of information and activities. You will help people to access library and archive resources and will contribute to people’s positive experience of using our service.
To give you an idea, some key things you’ll do will include:
- Helping customers find the information and resources they need Providing essential digital support Supporting projects and activities
When you join us as an apprentice, you will receive training to support you to deliver these activities, and you will be enrolled on a Level 3 Library, Information and Services Archive Assistant Apprenticeship with our chosen training provider.
What are the entry requirements?
You will need:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade A-C or equivalent (such as Functional Skills Level 2)
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL. But, if you’re unsure whether you meet the requirements please get in touch Tel: 0300 111 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Operational Manager Newcastle.
What you will bring
- Good time management skills Ability to work effectively as part of a team A passion for working with and helping customers High level of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative Self-motivated, personal drive, confidence, and enthusiasm Flexibility and adaptability
We recognise that our employees are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 24 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services) Eye care vouchers Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. In your application please write in the supporting information which location you would like to be considered for.
If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 15 July 2022
Interview Date: ASAP following the closing date
For more information about these roles please contact Samantha Mellenchip Tel: 0300 111 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Operational Manager Newcastle.
Our recruitment process As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview