Early Years/KS1 Teaching Assistant + SEN responsibility
Early Years/Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (with SEN responsibility)
Hours: 17.5-20 hours
Pay: TA2 (Scale 6 Points 19 – 22)
Contract Type: Part time/Term time – variable hours five days preferably mornings.
Contract Term: Temporary (12 months review)
Closing date: July 6th at 12 noon
Start date: September 2022 (sooner if possible)
Age range 4 – 9 years
Dodford First School was established in 1877, nestled in the heart of a rural village approximately 3 miles from Bromsgrove town: we have 72 children on roll. Children are taught in mixed-age classes with the exception of Reception class. The school sits alongside farm land, bordered by established trees. Outdoor learning is of great importance to us with carefully crafted spaces maximising the benefits of learning outside.
The Governors and Senior Leadership Team are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly ambitious Teaching Assistant to join our small school. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, experienced, enthusiastic and committed TA who will be able to work as part of a team in a flexible role. They will flourish working under their own initiative, showing patience, understanding and advocating a real sense of team. The successful candidate must have knowledge of the National Curriculum and the appropriate qualifications and experience of working in EYFS and KS1. A knowledge of how to support children with specific SEND needs is essential, as this role will involve periods of 1:1 support.
We are seeking someone who:
- Holds Level 2 qualification (or is working towards)
- Has recent experience of working within a school setting (ideally with knowledge of mixed-age teaching).
- Is confident in their knowledge of the KS1 National Curriculum and EYFS.
- Has an understanding of how children learn, including speech and language development, early reading and writing skills, phonics and emotional/social development.
- Demonstrates a good level of English and Maths, with GCSE qualification graded A-C, or equivalent.
- Has the ability to confidently follow planning and adapt where necessary to support children’s individual needs.
- Has experience in delivering intervention programmes for groups and individuals.
- Is a team player, committed to their own professional development.
- Has working knowledge of safeguarding practices.
We are able to offer:
- A small school with a warm and friendly ethos of support, prioritising wellbeing
- Wonderful children who love to learn
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team and Governing Body
- A strong leadership team who understand how to move the school forward
- Supportive parents and carers
- A plethora of outdoor spaces which are highly regarded by all.
The successful candidate will support the school by:
- Support specific children and adapt materials to suit their needs.
- Working with individuals or small groups of children.
- Supporting teachers to ensure specific children are making progress.
- Engaging children in learning opportunities.
- Managing behaviour effectively.
- Having high standards and expectations of all children.
Dodford First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed on Tuesday 28th June at either 9.15am or 4.00pm. Please make sure you book your tour in advance via our office team. Further information and application forms may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our school website www.dodford.worcs.sch.uk
Interviews will take place Tuesday 12th July 2022
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for this role.