Teacher Support Assistant - St Joseph's Catholic Academy
St Joseph’s Catholic Academy is seeking a hardworking, dedicated Teacher Support Assistant to work in Key Stage 1/ Key Stage 2. The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Class Teacher to provide high quality learning support experiences to children in the classroom and to deliver interventions to individuals and small groups.
St Joseph’s has a strong community feel and is committed to continual improvement and encouraging and enabling every child to succeed. We offer an experienced staff team and friendly, well behaved children who love learning. Duties are as follows:
- To support the teacher in the planning and delivery of learning activities.
- To help pupils to develop literacy and numeracy skills
- To contribute to the creating of an attractive/stimulating, safe/secure class/school environment through display and classroom organisation.
- To help with the maintenance of classroom records
- To support the teacher in the evaluation of the learning activities
- To support the maintenance of positive links between home and school
- To help with the care and support of pupils individually and in groups.
- To maintain a safe environment for children, other staff and visitors so far as it is possible.
- To be aware of, and maintain, specific school policies, which relate to pupils in the classroom, i.e; behaviour, equal opportunities and marking where applicable.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- Numeracy and Literacy will be a requirement of the job.
This position is permanent, term time only for 25 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Actual salary: £11,130 per annum
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school. Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
St Joseph’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
The post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
To apply please email the school firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack