Curriculum Support Assistant
Curriculum Support Assistant
£21,269 - £27,514 per annum pro rata
Hours per week: 8.15am – 3.30pm, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Upper Holland Road
Telephone Number: 0121 362 7310
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: September 2022
The Curriculum Support Assistants (Cover Supervisors) are an established team and are assigned to a group of departments and subject areas. Curriculum Support Assistants (Cover Supervisor) must be prepared to work in any subject.
• supervision of classes in the short term absence of the class teacher under the guidance of teaching/senior staff
• in-class support within a designated range of subject areas
• curriculum support, including planning and administration
The successful applicant will:
• have experience of supporting young people 11-19
• have a high level of written and oral communication skills
• be committed to the provision and improvement of quality service provision
• have the ability to work in a demanding environment
• be able to plan own workload and respond flexibly to changing circumstances
• have the ability to adapt to a variety of situations
• have confidence, authority and excellent interpersonal skills
If you believe you have the vision and commitment and you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our students and staff, we would like to hear from you. We have a state-of-the-art building providing a working environment that is truly fit-for-purpose. This is both a challenging and exciting time to be working at Plantsbrook School.
We can offer you:
• the full support of an experienced professional team of staff
• well established protocols and systems
• continuing Professional Development and training to support you in your work
• the opportunity to work in this innovative and forward thinking Multi-Academy Trust based in an attractive, state-of-the-art new building
• cashback healthcare plan
• employee assistance scheme to include free and confidential advice, information and counselling, discounted gym membership, discounts at various retail outlets and attractions/days out
• cycle to work scheme
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 27 June 2022, 4.00pm
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.