Learning Support Assistant - Our Lady’s Catholic Academy
Learning Support Assistant
Interview: Friday 1 July 2022 Start date: Monday 5 September
Work pattern: 25 hours per week term time plus INSET days (8.30am-2.00pm Monday to Friday with 30-minute lunch break)
At Our Lady’s our mission statement is “Together in faith, hope and love” which encompasses our aspirations for all members of our school community to work together to ensure the best outcomes for our pupils. As a Catholic school, we offer an education firmly based upon our Gospel values and our Mission statement puts ‘our community’ at the heart of all we do.
Purpose of the Post
To be responsible for providing pastoral care providing support and assistance to the Senior Leadership Team and the wider Pastoral team. The LSA will liaise with pupils, staff, parents and external agencies when needed to support pupils’ progress within the academy and their attitude to school life.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• To provide pastoral care, support and guidance for pupils
• To support the wellbeing of individual pupils, by developing approaches based on existing good practice in managing and support pupils with emotional and behavioural difficulties
Working alongside parents in helping them to support the work of the school in improving individual pupils’ attendance, progress and behaviour whilst ensuring that there are effective lines of communication operating between school and home
• Work directly with individuals or groups to raise self-esteem and confidence of pupils with a view to improve personal and social skills
• To support the Senior Leadership Team in monitoring academy performance, behaviour and attendance data and intervening as required
• Support parents and pupils by liaising with identified outside agencies
• Mentoring on a 1:1 basis and supporting work with small groups of pupils
• To support pupils during playtime and lunchtime breaks
• To welcome pupils and parents each morning during gate duty
This is not a complete statement of all duties – the postholder will be expected to complete other duties reasonably required by the headteacher.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.ourladysca.org.uk
For further details of this post please contact Mrs M Burton, Office Manager HR@olca.org.uk. or telephone the school office 01782 235385 to arrange an informal visit.
Closing date: 27 June 2022 12 noon.