People Advice and Guidance Advisor
Job title: People Service Advice and Guidance Advisor
Location: Staffordshire Place 1
Salary: £27,514- £31,895 per annum
Contract type: 37 Hours per week | Full time | we’re happy to talk flexible working
About the role
You will play a vital part of the People Operations Team, being the first point of contact for all Staffordshire County Council employees on all HR related queries.
- Coach and influence leaders across the organisation to build trust and cohesion and to consider the ethical impact of their decisions in the short, medium and long term.
- Role model and promote ethical leadership, professional principles and values across the service and wider organisation.
- Visibly role model your own professional development and promote a learning culture. Ensure continuing, personal and professional development, taking ownership and accountability for staying up-to-date and professionally registered with the CIPD.
- Champion the People Service and Strategy, driving discipline to support the People Services Operating Model including feedback and continuous improvement.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with colleagues from across People Services, sharing knowledge and information to ensure the delivery of an excellent service to our customers.
What you’ll bring
- Previous experience of providing HR or similar advice and guidance in a customer focused environment
- An understanding and experience gained within HR from your studies and/or work experience (HR Administration or Customer Service work experience would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of current employment legislation, case law and good HR practice
- Excellent customer service skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- The ability to absorb, understand and interpret policy, process and data to provide efficient and effective advice for managers and employees across the Business
- Focused and passionate about delivering high quality outcomes with a positive approach to getting the job done
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- Resilient with an ability to manage time and workload pressures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to Continuous Professional Development
- Be able to apply technological solutions to problems and interpret a range of HR data
- Competent at using Microsoft packages and other IT/HR systems
- Ability to explore issues and understand underlying causes.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave Vivup benefits platform – gives you access to lots of retail, lifestyle savings and offers all in a handy app on your phone Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services) Eye care vouchers Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme Bus and rail travel discounts
How do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button below. If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29th June 2022
For more information about the role please contact: Layla Javady
How will we store your details By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Our recruitment process
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.