Team Managers - Child Protection & Court Teams (Locality)
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Team Managers to join the Child Protection & Court Teams
The Trust has vacancies for Team Managers to join our Child Protection & Court Teams within the newly realigned Operations Service. Based in a locality model with a focus on good quality assessments and dynamic planning which deliver timely evidence-based interventions and the progress of pre-proceedings/care proceedings through to permanency planning, this service will strengthen partnership working with families in local communities.
As a Team Manager working in one of the Child Protection & Court Teams you will: -
- Provide the highest level of professional service within a CP & Court Team and be responsible for advice, supervision, decision, support and delegated functions.
- Support and manage staff who work with children subject of Child Protection Plans or within Court Proceedings;
- Deliver effective management support and individual supervision and guidance to a team of social work staff
- Ensure that the allocation of work within the team meets the need of the children and families within Sandwell and be responsible for the recruitment and appointment of social work and other relevant staff in the service area.
- Support social workers and quality assure their assessments, statements and the formulation of plans for children, including, where required, those placed before the court
- Monitor and report on the team’s performance, standards and quality of work to ensure compliance with the Trust’s requirements
- Have a good level of experience of working in a children and families setting.
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Good knowledge of child development.
- You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification and be registered with Social Work England.
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- Have significant experience in Children’s Services
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Substantial experience within the court arena
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
The Trust has been focusing on a number of areas, one of which being our ethos and guiding principles. This has involved the whole workforce with some powerful messages being shared about what is driving us in our roles. We want this to shape the future and how we work with families; so, your interest in joining us has come at an important time as we continue to move together at pace to create a new story.
We have agreed six strategic priorities which are driving our work; Practice; People; Partnerships; Prevention; Meeting Need; and Measuring Progress; and Striving for Excellence.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts and the 12 reasons to work for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.