Lead Practitioner Early Years
Lead Early Years Practitioner
TA 3 (Points 7 – 17) £10.60 - £12.92 per hr (dependant on experience)
Full year 35 hours a week
Working days: Mon – Fri Working hours are flexible between 7.30am – 6.00pm
Permanent, Flexible Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Early Years Practitioner to lead the Pre-School team at North Worcester Primary Academy. Our school has a friendly atmosphere, which is reflected in happy children who thrive in a safe and positive learning environment. We are part of the highly successful Rivers C of E Academy Trust.
What are we looking for:
An experienced Early years’ practitioner who is passionate about providing an exciting and inspiring early years’ environment for our successful Pre-School. With experience of managing a team and leading an early years setting, you will be looking for a new challenge where you will be instrumental in developing our pre-school experience.
You will have:
- Experience of leading a team to deliver a high standard of care and education
- Experience of planning and delivering challenging, engaging and enjoyable activities
- An understanding of how to develop relationships with the children, enabling them to be comfortable in their surroundings and providing an environment where they can play and explore
- Experience of line management
- Experiencing of deputising in the absence of the senior leaders
- Experience of taking lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection
- Relevant level 3 childcare qualification
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team to deliver rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps young children to develop
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for school
- Effectively use and implement the EYFS alongside Rivers’ curriculum planning
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children safeguarding training will be provided)
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or careers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children
- Make accurate and effective use of assessment reflecting the needs, interests and stages of development of the individual children
- Organise staffing within pre-school (including holiday cover) understanding of ratio and ability to adapt to changing needs throughout the academic year.
- Work with our SENDCo on IPMs and EHCPs
North Worcester Primary Academy can offer:
- An opportunity to join the growing team at and play a role in the design and ethos of the school as we grow over the coming years.
- Vibrant and stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments.
- Happy and friendly children with excellent behaviour.
- Support to further develop your skills
- The opportunity to work within a successful school within an outward looking MAT
- A commitment to high quality CPD.
Applicants are invited to submit applications on the Rivers Application Form which can be found www.northworcesterprimary.co.uk/vacancies. Please state your experience and strengths on the application form, including subjects you have led or have expertise in.
North Worcester Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date - 1st July 2022, 12 noon.
Interview Date – w/c 4th July 2022.
Please note if you have not been contacted Tuesday 5th July 2022 then you have
not been successful on this occasion.