Regulatory Technical Support Officer
Regulatory Services is a service area within Coventry City Council which supports the growth and regulation of the city. The vision and commitment of the team ensures there is a robust platform to guide the delivery of sustainable development, ensuring the protection of Coventry Citizens and supporting the growth of local business.
The Regulation Service is made up of multi-disciplinary professionals including Licensing, Trading Standards, Food and Safety, Housing Enforcement, Property Licensing and Building Control. These services embrace a range of service areas used by the community which primarily involves people, businesses or organisations needing to obtain some form of consent within the law or are required to comply with various legal provisions.
The service area aims to:
- Ensure that the public, visitors, workers and residents of Coventry have the right to a healthy and safe work and domestic environment;
- Treat all regulated persons and businesses in a fair and consistent manner, through a process of education, persuasion and enforcement, ensuring that the public and businesses observe the law, and
- Protect public health and the wider environment, whilst minimising disruption to enterprise or economic activity and reducing the legislative burden on complaint and business.
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual who cares about the development of our great city to join our busy, top performing, forward thinking Regulation Services.Our Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
Would you like to gain a wide variety of experience in supporting the delivery of our regulatory functions?
As a Regulatory Technical Support Officer, you will provide administrative support to the Licensing and Business Compliance Team to ensure the effective delivery of a high quality Regulatory Services customer service.
Your typical week will involve:
- Dealing with enquiries, through varying mediums, ensuring that where possible they are resolved at first contact, or that messages are passed on to the relevant person for action; seeking to resolve queries and using judgement as to when to pass on more complex issues.
- Undertaking data input and document production using the range of systems in use within the Regulation service.
- Maintaining computerised systems, retrieving information as requested, and ensuring that information is kept up to date; to include creation of databases and spreadsheets as appropriate and provision of information and reports as required.
The Regulatory Services team are passionate about supporting our businesses in the city to ensure the safety of the public, visitors, workers and residents of Coventry.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has knowledge of customer care and the principles of equal opportunities in providing a regulatory function.
- Has knowledge of IT packages and systems to support ongoing office activity and of specialised systems that support technical activity.
- Has excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills, both writing and verbal to deal with members of the public and establish rapport with colleagues and team members.
- Is able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work patterns and systems and working effectively as part of a team or own initiative.
- Able to deal with a wide range of customers in order to handle and resolve enquiries.
When applying for this position you will be asked to write a personal statement explaining your suitability for the post. When writing your personal statement please ensure you cover all of the bullet points listed above.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'.Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and it was the UK City of Culture 2021. We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons as you can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Opportunity for Salary Match and Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
- Lifestyle savings
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes; Car Scheme, Cycle to work and more
- Interest free travel loans
- Payroll giving scheme
- Workplace parking scheme
- Maternity, paternity and adoption Leave
- And much more