Democratic Services Officer
1 day left
Job Title Democratic Services Officer Our Reference J6231 Employment Term Permanent Location Hereford Salary(Min\Max) £25927.00\£30095.00 Job Category Legal
Salary: £25,927 to £30,095
Location: Plough Lane, Hereford. Flexible working, home and office based
Closing date: 8 July 2022
Herefordshire Council is seeking to appoint a Democratic Services Officer to make a positive contribution, to drive innovative and modern strategies and deliver increased improvement and efficiency from the authority’s decision making process.
The post holders will have pivotal roles in the development and implementation of the Council's governance arrangements working with elected and co-opted members of the Council. You will assist with the planning, management and co-ordination of the overall business of the Council's main committees. The Council is moving toward a hybrid Cabinet with Leader system of governance together with providing a scrutiny function and a range of other statutory bodies or regulatory Committees. We also provide a range of other services and functions to the Council and various bodies including School Admissions Appeals Panels.
For this post you will need a clear understanding and knowledge of local government and how democracy works. Also an understanding of administrative law and procedures relating to local authority meetings would be advantageous.
You will need to be proficient in the use of ICT, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Teams and Zoom virtual meeting platforms. You will need to be a flexible team player with excellent organisational and communication skills, political awareness, a confident and positive disposition and the ability to work with people at all levels.
In return we will offer you a very rewarding position and a career at the political centre of Herefordshire Council.
If you are interested in this post and would like to discuss this further please contact John Coleman on 01432 260382.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.