School Cleaners - 3 positions
6 days left
Cleaners – 3 positions available
Long Lawford Primary School
Term time only plus 10 additional days (40 weeks per year)
Band A Scp 1-2
Starting Salary on SCP 1 £5,416.41 per annum (Actual)
About Us & The Role
Long Lawford Primary School is a large 3 form entry primary school situated in the village of Long Lawford, Rugby. We are a happy, forward thinking school, passionate about ensuring all children have access to the highest quality education in a safe and stimulating environment.
We are looking to appoint three friendly and enthusiastic cleaners to join our dedicated school cleaning team under the supervision of our Cleaning Supervisor and Site Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for the daily cleaning of specific areas within our school buildings, ensuring they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition and provide a clean and welcoming environment for all students, staff and visitors. We are looking for candidates who can work well as part of a team, are trustworthy, 100% reliable and punctual with a ‘Can Do’ attitude. Cleaning experience is desirable but not essential.
The hours will be 12.5 hours per week, 3.15pm – 5.45pm, Monday to Friday. The role is term time only plus 10 additional deep cleaning days during school holidays (2 days at the end of December/Begin of January, 3 days in Easter holidays and 5 days in Summer holidays). Actual dates to be arranged in agreement with the School Business Manager and Site Manager. There is a possibility of changing hours to early mornings 6.00am—8.30am, if more suited to candidates and this can be discussed at interview if candidate is shortlisted.
The successful candidates will:
- Undertake day to day duties which will include vacuuming, sweeping, washing, polishing, dusting, emptying litterbins, cleaning WC facilities, deep cleaning and the use of powered cleaning equipment as required.
- Ideally have an understanding of the safe use of cleaning chemicals/cleaning equipment too but training will be provided if necessary.
- Be expected to carry out assigned duties with a minimum of supervision but also be able to work well with other members of the premises team.
- Be expected to follow reasonable management instructions at all times.
- Have the ability to follow cleaning schedules and understand cleaning safety instructions, both verbal and written.
- Ensure assigned areas are clean, presentable and safe by following the required policies and procedures.
- Have the ability to use own initiative and work to schedule deadlines.
- Be able to be flexible as the need arises to cover colleagues’ areas in times of absence.
- Be willing to undergo any training that is required.
- Fulfil the requirements of an Enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfy our safer recruitment process.
How to apply/ Additional Information
The application pack is available to download from this site or can be requested from the school office (email email@example.com, Tel 01788 543332).
Completed application forms to be sent and marked for the attention of Mrs L Grant, School Business Manager
Long Lawford Primary School
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information: Some of our cleaning staff are also employed as lunch-time Mid Day Supervisors to assist with children at lunch time. If you wish to also be considered for a Mid Day Supervisor vacancy as well as this cleaning role, please contact the school for further information and if you decide you are interested in a MDS role too we will add your application to the MDS vacancy as well for consideration.
Please note we do not accept CV's and will only accept the Warwickshire County Council school application form.
Closing Date for applications is Tuesday 5th July 2022 at 9.00am. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 12th July. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted further.
LONG LAWFORD PRIMARY SCHOOL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check, a barred list check and Disqualification Declaration. The job role you are applying for is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) which requires you to disclose all spent convictions and cautions except those which are ‘protected’ under Police Act 1997 – Part V and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 and 2020).